Home Care Info!
Whats the Best Way to Care for Braces at Home?
Now that you have braces on, we hope you will help us to give you your beautiful new smile by following some simple but IMPORTANT rules:
-Hard foods, Sticky foods, and foods high in sugar content.
- These foods may do damage by distorting wires, loosening cement under the bands or brackets and/or breaking your appliances. Foods high in sugar content may stain your teeth or cause cavities.
- Popcorn-Nuts-Lifesavers- GUM -Caramel-Taffy-Gummy Candy-Jolly Ranchers
-CUT INTO PIECES: Apples-Pears-Corn on the Cob-Bagels-Pizza Crust-Tough Meats-Chicken Wings
-NO CHEWING ON: Pens- Pencils- Fingernails- Bottle tops- Hard Objects
-MAINTAIN PROPER ORAL HYGIENE:
Brush & Floss after each meal!
-KEEP YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS:
- Your progress needs to be monitored on a regular basis.
-FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY:
- Wear appliances and rubber bands exactly as you are told!!!!
-SEE YOUR DENTIST EVERY 3-6 MONTHS
- You need to see your dentist for a checkup and cleaning at least twice a year!!!